WHO ARE WE?
Young Creatives is a new initiative developed by Shakti as a response to requests for help from young people in our network.
Our young people breaking into the creative industries told us they needed help to:
develop their business ideas
market their services
meet and connect with other successful creatives and business leaders
price their products and/or services
They also told us they needed a space to meet and share ideas with other young creatives.
We decided we wanted to offer help but we ultimately wanted to be able to stand back and let these amazing young people build an organisation for themselves.
In the past 12 months we have:
1. provided a professional space for them to meet and share ideas – The Studio
2. supported them to create a steering committee to drive the project
3. supported them to write their memorandum of articles
3. supported them to launch and register their own CIC
We have also approached 28 local business leaders all of whom have agreed to offer 1 hour of mentoring support to the individual businesses within the group.
Now, let’s watch them shine!
If you are aged 18-30 and interested in joining the Young Creatives, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We educate, create and equip young people like you with the resources to pursue artistic avenues as well as cultivate business skills.
We aim to enhance your business acumen and creative skills, finding you opportunities and encouraging you to have a can-do attitude.
We break down barriers that may be stopping you from excelling in your creative practice, especially during these uncertain times.
Furthermore, we have created a community of likeminded individuals who share experiences and support one other through community, partnerships and collaborations.
Here's what the Young Creatives can help you with:
1. Business – education around branding, creating opportunities, being digital, building portfolios and freelancing, etc.
2. Personal Skills – Professionalism, enhancing creativity and developing healthy mindsets and attitudes as a creative
3. Mentorship – working one-on-one with industry professionals gaining lucrative skills and networking prospects and training.
How to get involved?
If you are interested or know a young creative who might be, then drop us an email to email@example.com.